Friday, April 15, 2011

The Arctic Monkeys release video for "Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair"

I previously admitted to an accidental hiatus from the Arctic Monkeys. So when they started releasing all sorts of new stuff like "Brick by Brick" and new single "Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair", I plunged back in -so to speak. I have no idea what's happened between Favourite Worst Nightmare and now (I missed Humbug thanks to the hiatus) but there's been a definite change in sound. Almost enough to sound like a completely different band. The band's new album is shaping up to be a more retro rock sounding with a noticeably more.

The video for the new single is pretty trippy but not in that "Holy crap, what the HELL is going on" sense (though there is a little bit of that) but merely because of the psychedelic colors and loads of visual distortion.

It'd be easy to dismiss the Arctic Monkeys new sound as a cop out or something to that effect but it's not actually that bad. I mean, I've definitely listened to the two new songs a couple times. So I'll be more than willing to give the new album a chance. You should too.

Enjoy the video for "Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair".

No comments:

Post a Comment