Saturday, June 9, 2012

Watch: Efterklang - "The Ghost" with Sydney Symphony

After Danish indie rockers Efterklang announced the completion of their upcoming fourth studio album Piramida, I've essentially been watching their every move with laser precision. A fact made all the more painful by the fact that the Danes seemed totally content not actually sharing any tunes from it; instead announcing a slew of dates where Efterklang would be teaming up with symphony orchestras to perform the album in full. All of which were not at all here in the US where I'd be guaranteed to be in the audience. Instead Sydney was the first date and updates from their attempts to properly notate all the music for the orchestra and rehearsals streamed in periodically enough to make my heart ache. And somehow, someway I completely missed the band posting up a live video from their recent Sydney performance of new track and probable lead single "The Ghost". I call shenanigans.

So while the group prepares for a slew of other dates with orchestras far and wide (and not here where I want to see them) for their lucky lucky fans in Europe and abroad at least we can enjoy this brand new track off Piramida. While not in its studio-recording form, it's a good track nonetheless. Enjoy it. I know I am.



Also, good news: Piramida will out sometime in September on 4AD.



No comments:

Post a Comment