Thursday, January 24, 2013

Listen: Thao and the Get Down Stay Down - "Kindness be Conceived" (ft. Joanna Newsom)

Truth be told I haven't listened to a whole lot from Thao and the Get Down Stay Down. My easiest opportunity to rectify that was seeing them live when they opened for a sold out The Head and the Heart at Bowery Ballroom was thwarted by my own planning. Concert-hopping I arrived just in time to see the headliner (the aforementioned The Head and the Heart). Apparently that was a big mistake.

On her new track "Kindness Be Conceived", Thao Nguyen teams up with Joanna Newsom for a rather simple but intensely enjoyable folky ramble. It's harmonies, harmonies, harmonies and it's beautiful in its simplicity. I may not have paid a whole lot of attention to Thao and the Get Down Stay Down before but my interest has certainly been piqued, my attention grabbed. Her new record We the Common is now officially on my list.



Thao and the Get Down Stay Down's We the Common is out February 5th.

No comments:

Post a Comment