Thursday, February 9, 2012

Archie Powell & The Exports - "Metronome"

Following up with my current trend of covering bands from last year's CMJ months after, Chicago rockers Archie Powell & The Exports were one of the first bands I saw on my first day at the festival at the small show at Spike Hill thrown by Bigger Brush Media. As I watched them one thing kept popping up in my head: "This is like watching The Dandy Warhols!" Mind you, I've never actually seen The Dandy Warhols live but I would imagine Archie Powell & The Export's energetic live show would be something similar. A vibe I couldn't shake the whole time I was watching them.

Turns out Archie Powell & The Exports have a new album on the way. Great Ideas In Action, the follow up to 2010's Skip Work, is out May 1st.

You can preview it with new single "Metronome" right now:




No comments:

Post a Comment