Thursday, February 9, 2012

Watch: Jonquil - "It's My Part"

On the exact same day I got into British indie pop foursome Jonquil, they dropped the video for brand new single "It's My Part" and while I was rapidly falling in love with their infectiously catchy tunes coated in a hazy layer of fuzz, they were debuting a more accessible sound that strips that very layer away.

But while they might be pulling back a bit of dreamy fog, the intricate musicianship and ear-catching jangle remain. And the question of how accessible they're trying to be arises when you watch the video. What commercial pop band features their name spelled out in pizza, a pentagram, creepy animal head masks, and a girl who looks like a combination of a Cristina Ricci and Mena Suvari riding a mechanical bull? Not many I know.

Watch Jonquil's "It's My Part" video and be the judge.


Jonquil - It's My Part from Franklyn Banks on Vimeo.


Their latest record Point of Go is out March 6th in the UK with no word yet on a North American release.




No comments:

Post a Comment